Summer Hiatus

Urca, Portugal Avenue
New Year, new projects, new paintings...
It´s hard to believe that it´s already February and that it has been more than one month since my last post. Rio de Janeiro is experiencing extremely high temperatures, it´s a though season for plein air painting. I need to slow down the pace and stablish strategies to cope with the unbearable heat.
Once more I went to Urca district in search of shade and of a refreshing breeze from the sea. Strolling through Portugal Avenue this Flamboyant in bloom called my attention, suggesting an harmonious composition with the sunlight bathing the colorful walls.
Portugal Avenue-Urca - Sandra Nunes o/c 50x70cm

Posted bySandra Nunes at 5:41 AM  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... May 26, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

Hi Mrs Nunes

I have just discovered your blog.I am really amazed by your creativity, your imagination about the richness, the profusion of colors, always in harmony, reminding me of William Turner, Felix Ziem the French painter.And the composition too.You have also a high level of poetry. For instance in this one. Bravo!

Sandra Nunes said... May 26, 2010 at 6:16 AM  

Thanks for your visit and kind comments.
Turner is one of my all time idols!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru