Urca Beach - Oil and sand on panel

People always ask me why do I like so much plein air painting if in the studio it is much more comfortable. Well, I have a lot of answers to that question, short and long ones.
Maybe it´s because I love the unpredictable...
Warm sun, a light breeze...
After one hour of work on composition, first washes and I´m ready for some impasto areas.
Time to stop look and take some pictures.
A not so light breeze and...
Where is the panel?
More texture than I wanted...
A lot of scraping and much of the sand as well as my brushwork is gone.
More observation and one more hour of work...
Urca Beach - Oil and some sand on panel 8 x10"

Posted bySandra Nunes at 1:53 PM  

6 comments:

Unknown said... February 17, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Great post Sandra. I love when the unexpected happens. Sometimes the spirits just have a fun time if you don`t fight it and let it go.
I dance with my travelers, they work. If I have a set plan, they usually disappoint me. Or, rather I disappoint them.

Michael Chesley Johnson, Artist / Writer said... February 18, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

You recovered from the disaster very well, Sandra! I like how the finished painting turned out.

Sandra Nunes said... February 18, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Yes John, I usually enjoy the process !

Sandra Nunes said... February 18, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Thanks Michael!

J.R. Baldini said... March 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

I can feel the atmosphere you paint in, it comes through wonderfully in your work !

Jacq

Sandra Nunes said... March 20, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

Hi Jacq,
Thanks!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru